On Thursday 02 August 2007 7:52:45 am Donovan Niesen wrote:
> I'm thinking of setting up Nagios to monitor a few boxes that I like to
> keep a close eye on but also wanted to see if there were alternatives that
> other people like better network/service monitoring.  Otherwise I'm also
> keen to hear any success or horror stories with Nagios implementations.

I am partial to ZenOSS: http://zenoss.com.  It uses mostly SNMP to monitor
your servers, but there are other plugins as well.

Another solution I found is Hyperic HQ: http://hyperic.com.  A really nice
tool if you don't mind running java.

--
Bret Baptist
Senior Network Administrator
bbaptist at iexposure.com
Internet Exposure, Inc.
http://www.iexposure.com
(612)676-1946 x17

Providing Internet Services since 1995
Web Development ~ Search Engine Marketing ~ Web Analytics
Network Security ~ On Demand Tech Support ~ E-Mail Marketing