On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 04:30:36PM -0500, Andrew Zbikowski wrote:
> > system using Unslung with the NSLU2.
>
> Now that's a tempting little project. I could replace an old computer
> that's dedicated to running BackupPC
> (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/) with one of those, and the whole
> mess could fit into some sort of small ventilated and locked enclosure
> secured to the floor or the wall...

I hope you realize the performance will be somewhere around a couple of
megabytes per second for write and double that for read.

My first attempt at a NAS was with a PII/450 MHz and a USB2.0 external
harddrive.  The performance was abysmal, and I expect the NSLU2 to be
even slower, based on the CPU, RAM and NIC.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163