I'm going to throw in something completely different as I'm on this
whole low power/low noise/super cheap kick and now have my asterisk
server running on my WRT54GS and am also now building up my new NAS
system using Unslung with the NSLU2.  Hookup a 1TB to 1.5TB USB
enclosure to this and you are good to go.  I'm only doing 500GB but
there are 1.5TB USB boxes on the market.  Plus there is two USB ports,
I'm not sure if you could do an LVM or not but its worth looking into.

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/HomePage

--j