Any perl gurus here?  I'm trying to write what should be a simple script
that connects to an imap account, goes through all the folders and
outputs a line for each folder that has unread messages with the number
unread.  The trick is that I'm connecting to imap servers through SSL.
This took a lot of googling and trial and error before I could finally
connect.  But I finally got it to work last night on my mail server.
But now I'm running into another problem.

I'm using IO::Socket::SSL to create the socket for Mail::IMAPClient to
use.  This works fine when using localhost as the mail server.  But as
soon as I use this over a network, it fails.  I can get connected,
logged in, and even select the INBOX, but any time I try to access the
$imap->folders() function, I get this error:

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Mail/IMAPClient.pm line 2163, <GEN0>
line 3.

I can't find anything on this one.  I've looked everywhere I can think
of and changed a lot of things in the code to try to step around this.
I'm really new to perl (this is my first script), and all the modules
have been loaded through gentoo portage.  Has anyone here run into this,
or can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks all,
Chris