On 4/17/07, Sean Waite <swaite at sbn-services.com> wrote:

> Wondering if I am alone out there in trying to find an IAX2 phone to use
> with Asterisk. I have currently Cisco SIP phones, but these are not ideal
> for remote locations. There are IAX2 phones out there, in fact if you are in
> China there seems to be numerous sources. One thing that does not build
> confidence are these companies and their phones do not seem to last too long
> on the market. In fact the phones I found doing a search 3 years ago, none
> are too be found along with a few of the MFRs. Currently all the Chinese
> manufacturers do not seem to have distribution in the US, while they do have
> FCC approval. The one company, can not remember which, that did list a
> contact in California was a bust. I called the 1-800 number and got some
> adult message that did not inspire confidence in this company. Softphones
> can work, but again these are not ideal for many applications.
>

> Anyone here done any searching for IAX2 phones I would love to hear what
> your conclusions are.
>
> Also, someone recently mentioned that there is an open source firmware for
> one phone that supports IAX2, unfortunately I lost the link. Anyone heard of
> this?
>

>  Sean

I believe this may be the phone you are looking for:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+Soyo+G668

I haven't used one myself but would be interested to hear feedback as
well.  I am planning on setting up a few remote extensions soon and
will be looking at either IAX2 phones or ATAs.

--
Donovan Niesen