Wondering if I am alone out there in trying to find an IAX2 phone to use
with Asterisk. I have currently Cisco SIP phones, but these are not ideal
for remote locations. There are IAX2 phones out there, in fact if you are in
China there seems to be numerous sources. One thing that does not build
confidence are these companies and their phones do not seem to last too long
on the market. In fact the phones I found doing a search 3 years ago, none
are too be found along with a few of the MFRs. Currently all the Chinese
manufacturers do not seem to have distribution in the US, while they do have
FCC approval. The one company, can not remember which, that did list a
contact in California was a bust. I called the 1-800 number and got some
adult message that did not inspire confidence in this company. Softphones
can work, but again these are not ideal for many applications.

Anyone here done any searching for IAX2 phones I would love to hear what
your conclusions are.
Also, someone recently mentioned that there is an open source firmware for
one phone that supports IAX2, unfortunately I lost the link. Anyone heard of
this?

Sean