From: "Sean Waite" <swaite at sbn-services.com>

To: "steve ulrich" <sulrich at botwerks.org>

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:37:29 -0500

Subject: Re: [tclug-list] OT: Qwest Block 5 IP cost

-----Original Message-----

From: "steve ulrich" <sulrich at botwerks.org>

To: "Sean Waite" <swaite at sbn-services.com>

Cc: tclug-list at mn-linux.org

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:23:57 -0500

all things considered, $15/month for a /29 is a pretty reasonable

price.  most boutique ISPs charge on the order of $15-20/month if
they

even offer the service at all.

the days of dirt cheap address space are long gone and with good reason.

i'd given up on having blocks of address space routed to home a long

time ago.  but digging up a receipt from a few years ago, at visi i

was paying $30/month  for a /28.

On 4/16/07, Sean Waite <swaite at sbn-services.com> wrote:

> For those of you who have Qwest or similar DSL, I am very curious to
know

> what you are paying for a block of 5 IPs with their DSL. When I
originally

> signed up with Qwest some years back it was something like $15/year or
at

> least that was the deal we made. Now they are charging $14.95/month
 which

> is ridiculous.

[snipped]

--