Nick wrote:

> I would like to do a dual boot ( XP & Linux ) on my computer. Where
> can I take my computer for help? I live in Chaska. I'm 68 yrs old , so
> please be patient with me.
>
>                Thanks, Nick

Hey Nick

  I am running Gentoo Linux dual boot with XP right now. It is a bit
tricky but with a bit of work and reading and understanding Linux , it's
not too bad. What I did with help from some good people on the Gentoo
IRC channel , was to make a FAT32 partition for Win when I partitioned
for Linux. and then useing the Grub boot loader got Gentoo up and
running . Then you just install XP and it wipes out Grub(Yikes!!)and
your Linux partitions from the mbr. I did use the Knoppix live-cd to do
most of the install , that way being able to be on IRC to ask questions.
Once XP was installed I booted up the Knoppix live-cd , and then used a
small program called Testdisk to then look at and write the Linux
partitions back , and then go in and reset Grub boot loader and Wala!
you have Linux and XP as daul boot . This all is very simple now that I
went through a few hair pulling sessions , but can be done pretty nice .
I am not a very seasoned Linux guy yet but its a great learning
experience. You cna email me direct if you like and we can talk . I'm
just out west in Young America. Sorry guys for getting a bit long

Dwayne