And a brief amendment to my previous email...

With Dell Laptops the extra money you pay for complete care is well
worth it. With Complete Care, Dell will send out a tech to replace
broken LCDs, keyboards, rubber feet, what ever at no cost to you. For
example, if one of the keys falls off your laptop keyboard you will
have to replace the entire keyboard to get that key back.

Quick Mental list of the abuses my users have subjected their laptops to:
- Chicken Soup spilled on laptop.
- Beer spilled on laptop.
- Broken LCD (We never convinced the user to tell us how it got broken)
- Broken hinges
- Broken latches
- Replaced motherboard due to bad docking port.
- Numerous keyboards replaced due to missing keys.
- Missing rubber feet. (No tech for this one, they just send new rubber feet.)

Dell didn't question anything, they just sent us the parts and a tech
if we requested it. (We request a tech more often than not as it's one
less thing we have to do.) The techs sent our way have always been
from Unisys and they can all take apart a laptop faster I can.

I don't have any experience with Apple and Lenovo's plans, but I would
assume they are competitive.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue >0;