On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 01:51:50PM -0500, Benjamin Gramlich wrote:
> > I'm the happy owner of a Thinkpad T60 wide screen and everything worked
> > with Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) without a hitch - including suspend and
> > resume.  It is slightly on the heavy side, but that's what you pay for
> > the wide screen.  If you want light, get a 14'1 and that is one of the
> > lightest laptops in it's [business] class.
>
> Regarding the Thinkpad, have things changed now that it is being made by
> Lenovo. I initially looked at Thinkpads, but I know that Lenovo only has
> rights to the name for a short while. Will support end for it as well?

The laptop feels solid and well made.  The screen is nice, not glossy,
with uniform lighting and wide viewing angle and without any bad pixels.

I would strongly recommend it.  You can play with some models at
Microcenter.

As for the long term reliability, I got the 3 year extra warranty, so
I'll let you know how it works in the long run.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163