On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 12:35:15PM -0500, Benjamin Gramlich wrote:
> > Since my iBook just died, I, too, am in the market for a laptop. I'm
> > pretty convinced that Sony is the way to go. I've owned a Vaio before
> > and it never caused me any problems. Though I am still researching the
> > issue.

Sony is a very proprietary company and quite Linux-unfriendly (the
laptops might have hardware for which there are no drivers; the PS[23]
is a different matter).

I'm the happy owner of a Thinkpad T60 wide screen and everything worked
with Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) without a hitch - including suspend and
resume.  It is slightly on the heavy side, but that's what you pay for
the wide screen.  If you want light, get a 14'1 and that is one of the
lightest laptops in it's [business] class.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163