On 4/3/07, Jon Schewe <jpschewe at mtu.net> wrote:
> Has anyone else run across this?  As of today I'm no longer able to send
> mail through my mailserver (mtu.net) port 25 as comcast is blocking all
> outgoing connections on port 25 for "my protection".

This is a fairly common practice to prevent you from using mail
servers that are not their own. One easy solution is to setup your MTA
to listen on another port (I've used 2525) or to send via SSL/TLS as
they never think to block 465.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman, Director
Systems Administration and Technical Operations