On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Kraig Jones wrote:

> Use "find" to find the large files.  For example:
> find /home -size +100M
> finds files under the /home directory which are larger than 100 MB.

That works but if there are many files of 99 MB, it won't show any of
them.  Using ls with the right options will list all files sorted by size
within directories:

ls -RSl | less

But how can we get ls to show the full path for every filename?  There
must be a trick to it that I don't know.  If we can get the full path, you
can do this:

ls -Rl | sort -rn -k5,5 | less

That "sort" is sorting by file size with largest on top.

> Konqueror (in KDE) has a View/View Mode/File Size View that shows a
> graphical view.  Kind of weird looking, but fun.

That sounds interesting.

Mike