On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 22:41 -0500, John J. Trammell wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 10:36:08PM -0500, Justin Krejci wrote:
> > It's expecting just 1 argument to the command but you are putting two in
> > there. Either run as ./harps roll
> > or change
> > if [ -z $@ ]
> > if [ -z $1 ]
> >
> > This then says check for the first argument to not exist.
>
> No, this checks the length of the first argument.  If I specify "" as
> the first argument, this says the wrong thing.  How about checking $#?

Well, I tried the [ -z $# ], and the script stopped funtioning the other
way around.

christopher at seehow:~/bin$ ~/bin/harps roll stuff
This command is under construction
stuff
christopher at seehow:~/bin$ ~/bin/harps
christopher at seehow:~/bin$

I also tried [ -z $1 ], wich does work the way I want, but I still have
no idea why it's expecting a binary operator on line 20.