We're having real good luck with the Netscreen 5GT ADSL (from Juniper).
It has a DSL modem built in and is a full statefull firewall and IPSec
VPN. It can also do virus scan and basic IDS with addon licenses.
Lastly, there are versions with and without wireless, if he is so
inclined.

Qwest WILL NOT support the installation, but I was able to get mine up
and running with minimal input from VISI (my ISP of choice).