Greetings,
I'm attempting to build a functional Linux installation on my IBM
Thinkpad 600. I've gotten my Slackware distribution running, with the
exception of support for the mwave modem. I have also been able to get a
live CD install running (older ubuntu release) If someone could help me
get my hands on the gpl mwave modem driver, I'd be ever so thankful.
(The modem is on a MDSP3780i DSP chip) There are many links out there
pointing to the IBM website as being able to provide this driver, but
with lenovo taking over laptop support, I can't find the needed files.
 I may just give up on the modem functionality and install a Linux
supported wireless card, but I sure would like to be able to use the
native capabilities of the machine. I'm also looking for a basic CAD
modelling program to replace some MasterCam drawing functions that I
regularly use.

Thanks,
CRT

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---