Justin Krejci wrote:
> I have run Gentoo for many years and a month or so ago I migrated to Modular X
> on both my x86 and amd64 systems. Both went extremely well. The Gentoo
> migration document is great.
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml
>
> What questions do you have not answered in this doc?

I also have run Gentoo for a while, something like 3 1/2 years now I
guess, anyway who cares about that, point is, he is right, that link
should answer just about any question you have. Gentoo Docs are most
always clear, concise, and kick ass. Also easy to follow and understand.

Back to my point, and the previous repliers', what questions do you have
that are not answer in that document? If you have some feel free to ask,
and the list will repsond. I'll definitely respond if I know the answer.
I run gentoo on x86, amd64 (including my kickass new tl-50 x2 laptop..
mmm), ppc, my nslu2s, and am working on alpha, ultrasparc, and sgi O2 at
the moment. Gentoo rocks. :p

I have netbsd running on my Ibm workpad z50 because vr-linux can only
see the first 16 megs of ram, and the extra 32 that netbsd sees adds a
lot of usability to this wonderful little beauty of a machine with the
longest battery life EVER. ;p (palmtop, running NetBSD/hpcmips)

And I have OpenBSD as my firewall, and on any machines that touch the
net live, as in not behind the firewall.

Anyway, I got off on a tangent there, sorry...

point is, ask your gentoo questions that aren't answered in that link,
and we'd be happy to help.

Nick

"All unix, all the time."

http://npt.ath.cx