Munir wrote:
> ratpoison is perfect for this but requires X locally.

IIRC, ratpoison is a dead project (no pun intended).  Use ion3 if you
want a screen-like window manager.  I use it daily.  Very nice.

> If you do not want to use X then you may want to look at twin.

Ah, yes.  Forgot about twin.  Screen is just so nice, though. ;-)
Perhaps you could bounce an email off the screen list and find out if
anyone is interested in making a vert split capability.  Should be
do-able.
--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/