On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Sidney Cammeresi wrote:
> Well there are two parts you get from a cellular operator:  network
> access and PSTN origination/termination.  If I'm providing my own
> network connection into T-Mobile and am not using T-Mobile's expensive
> GSM network to carry my phone calls (of course, coming in over the
> Internet has a non-zero cost), I should get a discount.

Huh? The Wi-Fi is for web browsing.. you don't touch T-Mobile at all while
you are Wi-Fi. IE, my new PDA has both WiFi and EDGE.. whenever I'm around
an AP for Wi-Fi, I use that instead, since it's a heck of a lot faster.

> Sprint, Verizon, et al want you to move in for like $40-80/mo for the
> privilege of hitting the Internet from one computer, which is just kooky
> talk because it's not cable or DSL, and I'm not going to use it the same
> way.  I might go back to one of them when they grow a brain re selling
> data.

Well, at least it's a couple mbits of bandwidth from them, with lower
latency.. I'm really looking forward to when Cingular builds their 3G
network into the area - 3.8mbit - woohoo!