Randy Clarksean wrote:
> Ok ... I am looking to minimize my pain and suffering for the
> installation of a new acer 20 inch wide screen LCD monitor (AL2016W)
> onto two linux boxes (shared via KVM).
>
> One has FC5 and the other has FC3.
>
> Suggestions on how to best go about this?  I have looked for a driver,
> but to no avail.  So I am figuring I will have to specify parameters,
> etc. in order to make it work.
>
> Thanks in advance on how to most easily make this work because I can
> afford very little down time.
>
> Randy

I recently added an Acer 19" AL1917 to this Kubuntu system.  Had a
little trouble at first getting it to work at its native resolution.
Found I had to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add "1280x1024" to the video
modes line for all depths up to 24.

Then, following a note in the xorg.conf file, I ran:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Set the KDE desktop resolution to 1280x1024.  It didn't look right at
first, but was OK after I let the monitor run its Autoconfigure.

I don't have a KVM switch, so don't know about that.

The monitor looks great!

Kraig