On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> Jima wrote:
>> Oh, come on, that's like complaining about dpkg not automagically
>> resolving dependencies.  Way to beat a horse that got buried years
>> ago.  :-P
>
> Did I *say* that dpkg could do it alone?  Did I even mention dpkg?

  Nah, I just drew a parallel based on the same layer you were complaining
about.  Anyone trying to do heavy lifting on that level (rpm, dpkg, etc)
is in for a world of frustration, as illustrated by our original poster
(and years of problems on this and other lists).  Your comment on
"dependency hell" is rather dated, and doesn't have much place on the
current distribution landscape.  Apt has been available for RPM-based
distros for years now, not to mention other dependency-resolving systems.

> I think your Player knowledge is affecting your Character's actions. ;-)

  Depends on if the Player is a troll or not. :-)

> Besides, dead horses make great glue.

  No argument there. :-P

      Jima