> During the middle of the night last night (Tuesday night), my internet
> service was switched to Comcast.  I didn't know that was supposed to
> happen.  My download speed might have increased a bit.  Now I get these
> results...
>
> Download Speed: 6222 kbps (777.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
> Upload Speed: 353 kbps (44.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
>
> ...from Speakeasy:
>
> http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
>
> I chose Chicago as the server.
>
> Mike

Speaking of which I had TW and was switched to Comcast and I now have
issues with Linux.  I can get online fine but I cannot update either
Fedora Core 5 or Ubuntu 6.06, which I could do before the switch ISPs.
I also cannot ssh to the U of M campus anymore which makes work a pain
because I have to be on campus all time.  I emailed NORLUG about the
issues because I just moved to the cities from Northfield, but seeing as
how there is discussion here about it I thought I would post it on tclug
as well.
Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Joel

threetorts at speedymail.org