On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Eric Peterson wrote:
> I tried to find this on their site, but I became too frustrated.

  You should have looked at their business offerings; it's sort of easy to
find there (although without actual, well, pricing).

> Does anyone know what they charge for a static IP? Can you get just
> one on a residential line or do you need to upgrade to business class
> and pay for a block?

  I strongly suspect that they won't offer static IPs without a business
class account.  There are the links for the two business packages they
seem to offer:

http://www.comcast.com/business/Availability.ashx?service=Workplace%20Standard%20(Static%20RIP)

http://www.comcast.com/business/Availability.ashx?service=Workplace%20-%20Enhanced%20(Static%20RIP)

  (Those URLs are kinda gross.)
  I've also heard there's a 4m/384k option, but they don't offer static IPs
with it.
  So, 1 or 5 static IPs.  I know RR does (or did) offer 1 for $5/mo, 5 for
$10/mo, and 13 for $30/mo (with business-class service, anyway), but I'm
not sure those options/pricing are still available.  Maybe if you're in a
former TWC area.

      Jima