On Wednesday 25 October 2006 13:04, "John Sanborn" <jsanborn at earthlink.net>
sent a missive stating:
> I added the allow-query statement to the options section at the top of
> named.conf and restarted DNS but no change. I also changed the
> /ect/resolv.conf file, however; how do you keep dhcp from changing it when
> it gets eth0 ip information from the dsl modem?

There is normally an option you can pass to the DHCP client to have it ignore
and not modify the resolve.conf. Depending on the distro, that's somewhere
in /etc/  :)

Check the client man page (usually dhclient or something similar) and then
track down the init.d script or script config file and add that value to it.

Henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
rhavenn at rhavenn.net
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who
 understand binary and those who don't..."