On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:40:13AM -0500, Scott Raun wrote:
> I'm running exim, and have discovered a need to be able to
> automagically delete the frozen messages from my outbound queue.  I
> went through the exim man page the other day, and couldn't find a way
> to identify the currently frozen messages.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion for what / where I should look?  I'm
> currently running Debian Stable.

I've solved this by placing the following script in /etc/cron.daily/:

--- cut here ---
#!/bin/sh

# Quick script to discard all messages which have been frozen long enough
# that their age is listed in days (3 days appears to be the breakpoint)

exim -Mrm `exim -bp | grep "^..d.*frozen" | cut -c 11-26` &>/dev/null
exit 0

--- cut here ---

There may be other officially-endorsed methods in exim4, but I set this
up a few years back and it's worked so well, I haven't had any reason to
look for another way of doing it.

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too much Liberty
than those attending too small degree of it.