Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org>  wrote:
> I have a small web server that is acting up, gobbling up all the
> ram, and swap space in the course of the day. If I reboot it, things
> work great for most of a day. I am working on replacing it, since I
> think that will take less time than troubleshooting the box.

Probably not the best approach to debugging.  Memory leaks are often a
problem with software bugs.  My suggestion to you is to shut down all
services that you don't need or use.  Then use valgrind to start
profiling applications that you suspect may have memory leaks.  It
sounds like I would concentrate on long-running daemon applications,
perhaps Apache to start with.

> I set apache to require a pass phrase on a restart, which means I
> must manually reboot the box when needed. Is there a file I can edit
> to eliminate this, or do I need to recreate the secure keys and
> certificate.

You can use the OpenSSL tools to read and remove the encryption.

	$ openssl rsa -in ENCRYPTEDKEY -out DECRYPTEDKEY

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/