Pete and John,

 Great suggestions, just the kind of thing I was
looking for.  There must be reasons that I just don't
understand as to why you can't just do something like

$> exp liveDbHandle --no-schema
scriptfile=fullTextDump.sql

Or maybe you can based on Pete's suggestions. Haven't
looked into it yet but will do so later today.

Thanks!!

Damien