Try this again, without hitting send before I am ready :)

Couple of "survival" techniques you could do to survive with Windows,
while waiting for the new kernel:
1) If you have the fortune to be able to install Windows Server on
your machine, you could download the free VMWare server and install
Linux within there.  Then configure and run the VMWare console on the
same machine.  Or, get VMWare workstation, which does not need a
server version of Windows.
2) Try a live distrobution.

- Joey