On 10/11/06, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:

> Well, that clears up a couple things:) I had changed everything I could
> think of when I could not get the time to stick. So, outside of using
> vmware tool's time synchronization, what is a configuration that works
> for most vmware server setups?

A VMware setup isn't really any different than any other server if you
don't use the vmware time sync.  To answer your question, though, here
are the relevant lines from one of my Ubuntu VMware instances:

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/
server local.ntp.server.com
restrict default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict 127.0.0.1 nomodify

Edit the "server" line to suit your environment.

-Erik