It's just HTML.  Just have the perl script output something like this:

<select name="form_element">
  <option>value 1</option>
  <option>value 2</option>
</select>

Parsing of the replied value will be done just like the other form
elements you have.  You'll see that form_element is assigned a value
like "value 1".  If you want to have a particular value selected by
default, then add "selected" to the option tag for that value.

You can also use the CGI module to create these with an object
interface, but this is basically what it's doing behind the scenes.