On Wednesday 04 October 2006 14:46, Keith Bachman wrote:
> Seems to come in waves - but every so often, I get a TON of bounced
> spam sending mails on my catch-all.
>
> Wondering if there's any known fixes, I have root on the box, but
> didn't set it up (hosted solution; running the community version of
> Red Hat) so I'm not sure what email server it uses - but can
> quickly identify it if needed.
>
> This would be useful in a HOWTO format, for the long term, if there
> IS a solution.
>
> Keith Bachman

You can't keep someone from sending spam using email addresses from
your domain.  The responses that you are getting back are called
backscatter and you can't do anything about those either.  You can
ensure that YOUR system won't cause backscatter but you can't do
anything about it when you get it from other systems.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel