Didn't affect it; though I should say that it isn't a periodic message
(as if it were checking every minute) the messages are printed as the
messages roll in, so I end up with a continuous stream of messages,
making the terminal basically unusable.

I also forgot to mention, both systems are slackware 10.2 hosts running postfix.