The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings.net>  wrote:
> The thing I really like about it is it cuts spam off at the SMTP
> level rather than accepting, filtering, then
> bouncing/marking/bit-bucketing/etc.

Yes.  The key is killing SPAM at the server, before queuing the the
data.  I have found that the amavisd style of doing things just
doesn't work.  Additionally, amavisd lets through too much spam.  For
some reason, the spamassassin configuration it uses doesn't work
nearly as well as spampd.

I forgot to mention that I also use a policy server to do greylisting.
It's a lot of small parts tied together through SMTP Proxying and
policy daemons.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/