> How about everyone else? Anything new out there we should take a
> look at?

I'm using Postfix with a few additions:

policyd-weight
www.policyd-weight.org
    "weighted SMTP policy daemon for postfix, scored RBLs/RHSBLs
    and HELO/MAIL FROM checks, avoiding faked spam and virus
    before DATA."

clamsmtp
http://memberwebs.com/nielsen/software/clamsmtp/
    "SMTP filter that allows you to check for viruses using the
    ClamAV anti-virus software"

spampd
http://www.worlddesign.com/index.cfm/rd/mta/spampd.htm
    "spampd acts as a transparent SMTP/LMTP proxy between two mail
    servers, and during the transaction it passes the mail through
    [SpamAssassin]"

I also use a post-filtering postfix rule to reject any high-ranking
SPAM before accepting it into the spool.  This helps a lot, but I've
been getting a TON of SPAM through my Debian address.  Stuff sent to
wookimus.net doesn't really make it through.  If Debian servers
employed policyd-weight or similar policy testing daemon, I think the
SPAM would be greatly reduced.

> Personally I've been using crm114 for almost 2 years and absolutely
> love it. The only problem is it's a drag to get installed and
> trained, but once it's running it works great. I'm guessing I catch
> around 99% of the spam.

I agree, but I don't think it's HORRIBLE to install.  Perhaps not as
easy as others, simply because there aren't as many users as, say,
SpamAssassin.  I use crm114 in my procmail scripts to filter out
things that the server didn't catch.  It works wonderfully.  Far
better than any other statistical program out there.

I would like to set up crm114 as a system-wide filter one of these
days.  I provide IMAP/squirrelmail services to a couple of my friends,
and having a ham/spam-training setup would be nice.

If you're a good crm114 hacker, you can use it to process ANY
stream-based data.  This includes log files, etc.

Honestly, if you haven't tried crm114 yet, and you're sick of SA's
performance, give it a shot.

For the most part, I can reject email with GIF's, since they're
usually image ads.  Most of my friends don't bother sending GIF's,
rather JPEG's.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/