On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 08:46:22AM -0600, Nate Sanders wrote:
> I suggest in the future you do not LVM root (/). Along with /boot (which
> cannot be LVM'd) it is a good idea to avoid doing it on your root
> partition for the reasons you've now learned.

It depends.  If you have root on LVM you can snapshot it and have nice
backups.  Granted, / should not be changing much at the hour you are
doing the backups, but still...

florin

--
If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as lines
produced but as lines spent.                       -- Edsger Dijkstra