Hi there,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Dan Drake wrote:

> Sure enough, I'm getting the same lockups, so I think it's time for a
> new motherboard. What do you guys suggest?

I've got three mATX machines going here. I've had really good luck with
ABIT mATX motherboards. I like nForce based motherboards because I know
for a fact that does very well under Linux and usually has some kind of
nVidia-based onboard video card. I've had LESS luck with ECS and MSI
boards, but that was probably because I got cheapo ECS and MSI boards, fo
rwhen I have a budget of < $300. And even then the problems were not
compatibility.

I'm going to be rebuilding my media machine soon, which is on a mATX right
now, but I'm moving it to a 'real' ATX because I need to put a 'real'
video card in it. Ok, I'm doign that cause I'm upgrading my desktop's
video card so I'll have a pretty nice card for the media center machine.
Trying to find a decent CASE is my problem.

-Yaron