On Thursday 02 November 2006 11:51 am, Chris Smith wrote:
> I've used www.mamboserver.com in the past and thought it was pretty good,
> but i'd like to ask for any recommendations anyone might have before going
> too far down that road. Specifically I am looking for a replacement for
> www.technicallc.com. The main focus of the site is as a job application
> site. I've searched high and low for a pre-built solution. I've looked at
> Vectrix, but it doesn't seem to want to install.. and there don't seem to
> be many other options out there.  Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I
> am leaning towards using Mambo as the framework and just re-creating that
> site inside that frame work. I need the HR person to be able to post jobs..
> right now everything but the actual application is static.. meaning i have
> to update the listings.. not to mention it wasn't written well to begin
> with. VERY hard to maintain. (it wasn't me!) :-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Smith

I feel compelled in my role as quasi-Coordinator of the Twin Cities
Zope/Python User Group to recommend Plone (http://plone.org) as a solution.
In addition to being a top shelf CMS there is a Job Board product available
for it. Information on it can be found at:
http://plone.org/products/plonejobboard

One of Plone's strengths in my opinion (and yes I'm biased) is the ease of
enter content for "regular users".

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com