On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Sidney Cammeresi wrote:
>> Well there are two parts you get from a cellular operator:  network
>> access and PSTN origination/termination.  If I'm providing my own
>> network connection into T-Mobile and am not using T-Mobile's expensive
>> GSM network to carry my phone calls (of course, coming in over the
>> Internet has a non-zero cost), I should get a discount.
>
> Huh? The Wi-Fi is for web browsing.. you don't touch T-Mobile at all
> while you are Wi-Fi. IE, my new PDA has both WiFi and EDGE.. whenever
> I'm around an AP for Wi-Fi, I use that instead, since it's a heck of a
> lot faster.

They have a new service that started last week:

http://www.theonlyphoneyouneed.com/

You use wifi telephony with your cell phone to avoid paying for minutes
during business hours.  Also, it should work in your basement if your wifi
gets to your basement and your cell doesn't work well down there.  That's
one thing I like about it - my cell phone doesn't work very well in my
home.

I found out about this from an article in the NY Times on 10/24.

Mike