Currently I do roll my own RPM packages and use my own CentOS
repositories. We do this because we have LOTS of customizations that
we do to a server before it leaves our doors. It works great and
Nate's suggestion is a good one. I haven't done this yet because my
time has been split in too many directions so I couldn't keep pace.

The problem that I hope to address is that I have different
configurations for different servers and sometimes I just want to push
a package to a single client or a group of clients. I hope cfengine
will let me do this.

I'll report back as things progress.

Eric