Paul Cutler wrote:
> I put up a note on Ubuntu's Dapper Release Party page on the Ubuntu Wiki
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperReleaseParties) that mentions the
> Installfest, in case anyone using Ubuntu here in the Cities hasn't heard
> of TCLUG.
>
> I'll make sure to bring some copies of Ubuntu 6.06 for Saturday.

As an FYI I want to let everyone know that I've been working with Debian
and Ubuntu (as well as Blackdown and JPackage) in the past couple months
to insure that Sun Java can be installed "normally" on these systems
(and other distros too!) [1].  I've just completed detailed instructions
on how to add Sun Java to Ubuntu Dapper RC [2].

Regrettably I won't be able to make the installfest on Saturday as I'm
hosting my son's birthday party...  I hope everyone has fun and please
let me know if I can help with Java on Linux issues.

Regards,

--Tom

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TomMarble
[2] https://jdk-distros.dev.java.net/ubuntu.html