On Mon, 22 May 2006, auditodd at comcast.net wrote:
> If you are referring to the new EVDO cellular offerrings from Sprint and
> Verizon, then yes, I've had experience with them.
>
> Unfortunately, I have not seen any support for Linux yet.

  Todd, I like you, but I gotta ask: what the hell are you talking about?
  Looking at Sprint's list of EVDO cards:

http://www.sprint.com/business/products/phoneCategories/connectionCards_phones.html

  Two out of the three (the PC-5740 and the Merlin S620) are quite
documented to work with Linux (the former a little more so than the
latter):

http://kenkinder.com/evdo-pc5740/
http://www.swflug.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=32

http://www.cs.drexel.edu/~kfu22/evdo/

  (Mind, at least the PC-5740 is also available via Verizon.)
  Haven't tried either yet, as tempted as I am.

      Jima