I have run the knoppmyth distro for a year or so.  Pretty stable, and
had to do minimal tweaking for remotes, etc.  It ran flawlessly on a
PVR350.

I have a PC HDTV hd3000 card have not got it running stable yet on
Debian etch with the myth install coming from marillat's repo, which
apparently moved here:  http://www.debian-multimedia.org/index.html

I haven't had more too much time to fiddle yet, but it seems
promising.  Using an antenna, some channels are viewable, but some
lock up.  I also tried compiling from source, which worked OK for my
PVR350, but didn't try the HD card.

I have read recommendations to use a fast processor, like 3GHz or
faster.  Mine is a 3GHZ P4.  It was pretty good for my first attempt,
but definitely have to tweak things to see what happens, may be a myth
setting, but not sure.

BTW, I am new to the forum.  I am currently running Debian Etch which
was upgraded from sarge about 6 months ago (needed newer versions).
Been a deb-head for about two years now.  Don't do a lot of fancy
stuff, just do what I need for my home LAN, samba, cups, slim servers,
myth, wireless, etc.

Enjoying what I see so far!
Jim Karcz