Hi all,

I'm looking for a cheap and old laptop.  Less than $100.  Somewhere in
the 90Mhz to 200Mhz, P.Pro/PII range.  Hopefully a Thinkpad, but I'd
settle for other brands.

I'm hoping to find one to load Gentoo on it, and run it as a VNC thin
client.  I'm only going to load tightvnc, xorg, and esd.

I've found a few on Ebay, but I haven't had much luck through auction
sites, and since I'm taking someone's word for the condition, I'd rather
not go that route.  I've also found a few online liquidators that have
some, but most want to sell in bulk, and it's rare to find one thats
been thoroughly tested.

There's got to be more of these out there.  Where do they all go?  Does
anyone know of a local retailer or liquidator that sells to the public,
where you can inspect the machine before you buy it?  These things are
too slow to run WinXP/2K, so their nothing but a paperweight to most of
the general public.  I would think that they would be going for next to
nothing.

Any advice on where I should be looking for something like this?

Thanks all,
Chris