OK, Woot.com is selling IDE 250Gb drives for $50.  I just picked one up.  I'll donate this to the cause.

Anyone have a large repository of distros we can copy to this beast?

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Florin Iucha
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:29 PM
To: Munir Nassar
Cc: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Need a distro harddrive for the installfest

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 08:16:12PM -0500, Munir Nassar wrote:
> Florin Iucha writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 01:34:52PM -0500, Wayne Johnson wrote:
> >> Florin is bringing a server for the installfest, does someone have a harddrive with a collection of distros?  Didn't someone mention a while back that the folks at real-time had such?
> >
> > Munir,
> >
> > You bragged about a portable disk. Is it still available?
>
> Last i checked it is mostly a debian mirror nowadays, debian just got so big
> and interest in other distros rather weakened, but i'll what i can dig up.

Munir,

Can you jigdo/rsync the first three-four CDs of testing for i386,
AMD64 (and PPC?) and chuck the rest of the mirror? That way you'll
have plenty of space left for Ubuntu Dapper, Fedora 5 and Suse 10.1.

All:

Other distro's available upon request. The server will have a DVD
burner so bring your own media and we'll fill it.

florin

--
There was a typo, but on the wrong page.
   -- Vipin Kumar