The big question is, are the CPU's a matched set?

Let Me explain.

Each CPU must the the same ""Stepping" "(stp)"" in your case...
(stp)  etc...
SL6VP  3.06 GHz 533 MHz 0.13 micron D1 512 KB 604 pin
SL6GH  3.06 GHz 533 MHz 0.13 micron C1 512 KB 604 pin
SL6RR  3.06 GHz 533 MHz 0.13 micron C1 512 KB 604 pin
SL6YR  3.06 GHz 533 MHz 0.13 micron D1 512 KB 604 pin

In other words;
Each CPU must be from the same microcode version.
The stepping is on the CPU itself.
You are lucky you didn't fry the CPU's, if the stepping is off.

This is the Intel site with the information you need to check.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/default.asp?CHRID=528

Sam.