Steve Cayford wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 09:17:28PM -0500, Jordan Peacock wrote:
>
>>Also, I have been googling for other methods or scripts; several described
>>php solutions, but I'm running mysql locally on my machine without php, and
>>the mysql command:
>>
>>LOAD DATA INFILE 'data.txt' INTO TABLE table2 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',';
>>
>>merely responded with
>>
>>ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using
>>password: YES)
>>

> Can you connect successfully from the command line? That error is just a
> simple permissions problem.
>
> -Steve

Just to expand on that a little- from
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html

"For security reasons, when reading text files located on the server,
the files must either reside in the database directory or be readable by
all. Also, to use LOAD DATA INFILE on server files, you must have the
FILE privilege. See Section 5.8.3, “Privileges Provided by MySQL”."

Could that be your issue?

--
Pat