Also, I have been googling for other methods or scripts; several described
php solutions, but I'm running mysql locally on my machine without php, and
the mysql command:

LOAD DATA INFILE 'data.txt' INTO TABLE table2 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',';

merely responded with

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

Those are the methods I've attempted thus far, if you can correct my form or
suggest a different strategy I would welcome it.

                      -jordan