===

It's been 80 years since Robert Goddard first sparked the imaginations of both old and young alike with the launch of his first liquid fueled rocket.  It's this spirit of invention and experimentation that drives the Tripoli Minnesota Rocket Club.

Tripoli Minnesota will be holding it's first rocket launch of the 2006 season in North Branch Minnesota, on Saturday May 13 starting at about 9AM.  We fly until everyone is exausted, which is normally about 4PM.  The launch site is about 45-60 minutes North of the Twin Cities and just a few minutes off of I-35.

So far, the weather looks excellent and we should have around 100 rocketeers and spectators there,.  We expect to have 80-100 rockets launched.  Everything from 1/8" micro-maxx mini-rockets to huge "M" class rockets 10-20' tall.

Rocketry is a fun, exciting, and educational hobby for all ages.  Tripoli supports 6 low power pads for the young (and young at heart) rocketeers and 6 high power pads for those adults with high power certification.

Even if you are not interested is flying rockets (yet), feel free to stop by and gawk.  There is something special is seeing a high power rocket tearing off it's pad at 600 MPH, flying 2 miles high, and then the anticipation of waiting to see it's chute open and it safely returning to earth.

If the weather is good, there will likely be many people attending.  Please car pool if possible, and respect parking restrictions.

We usually have a lunch vendor and sanitary facilities available, and downtown North Branch is only a few miles away.

Schools, Boy and Girl Scout troops, church youth groups and other organizations are welcome, but please contact us so we can make arrangements.

Be sure to check our web site, www.tripolimn.org before coming for latest weather info as well as directions.  If you have questions, feel free to contact me.

---
Wayne Johnson
Senior Software Engineer