hi,

we just hired a new CFO.  she's dyed in the wool MS office and
quickbooks.

i've been deploying thunderbird here, with chilly response even before
our new CFO, and i'm proposing sql-ledger.  can anyone help me answer
her challenges?

does sql-ledger output to a spreadsheet as easily as quickbooks?  is
support available comparable to what is available with quickbooks?  of
course i've pointed out about how sql-ledger addresses multicurrency
and browser access, superior to quickbooks, but clearly there's a steep
incline working against me here.

she has a pda that integrates easily with outlook.  i've gotten folks
barely started here with the egroupware calendar, again with tepid
response.  web access is important, but folks miss the outlook integration.

thunderbird is in the limelight, but is it actually the best player
available for winning over the hearts of these outlook lovers?  is there
better?  and has our beloved world of FOS come up yet with really good
PDA integration somewhere?

our new CFO is hot to write whatever we need into our budget.  it may
well just be an exchange server and the whole m$ ball of wax unless i
come up with something convincing.

i've had my fun researching, installing, evaluating, but i think it's
time for a new strategy.  i'm a bit twiddler by habit, i need some help
getting plugged into the advocacy, planning, and management arena.  i
need quick and convincing reports of what direction to take, and a plan
of how to get there quickly.  i need up-to-date references of who has
implemented what, and how it works as well or better than m$.

any help appreciated.

thank you,
greg

Greg WhitleyMott