HELIX is my new favorite forensic distro partially as it includes LinEn
(Linux Encase) for acquisition of target systems but mostly as it is has
all the tools I need, detects all hardware and systems I've tried and
especially as is especially designed to be forensically sound and will
not touch the target file system at all.  Some distros will detect swap
space and mount it which is a big issue or automount all discovered
partitions neither one are forensically sound.

http://www.e-fense.com/helix/

--j